Homeowners reminded to clean chimney before lighting fire

Times-Chronicle Staff

The Oliver Fire Department is reminding homeowners to ensure their chimneys are clean before starting a fire.

A crew was called to a Sawmill Road home this morning when it was reported that flames were coming out of the chimney.

Spokesman Rob Graham said a small fire erupted in the chimney, so the crew dropped some extinguishing powder down from the top. They also used a brush to clear out the top portion.

“It was somewhat blocked. The homeowner did say they had it cleaned but unsure of how long ago. It’s always best to clean before any burning,” Graham said

No damage was reported in the incident.

Published
Categorized as Fashion

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *